- 1 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (you can also use black beans or borlotti beans)
- 1 small tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small avocados, skin and stone removed
- 1 red or green pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped (or ½ tsp dried chilli flakes)
- Handful fresh or 1tbsp frozen chopped coriander
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bag of fresh rocket
- 25g pine nuts
Drain and rinse the beans and add to a bowl.
Chop the pepper and tomatoes; peel and remove the stones in the avocados and then chop into small cubes – add to the bowl.
Add the olive oil, chilli, lime juice, coriander and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and black pepper.
Serve on a bed of fresh rocket and sprinkle over the pine nuts to finish.